Membership Makes a Difference!
The First Nations’ Emergency Services Society of BC (FNESS) is a non-profit registered charity, dedicated to assisting First Nations in developing and sustaining safer and healthier communities through:
- emergency preparedness, education and response;
- fire training, education and prevention; and
- forest fuel and wildfire management.
As a member of FNESS you will contribute to the growth of all BC First Nation communities, including your own, by sharing your ideas, identifying challenges, developing new skills and strategies, as well as establishing resource and support networks.
There are three types of members:
- General: A person who is 18 years of age or older, is a member of a First Nation or of a First Nations emergency services entity, or both.
- Honorary: A person who is a member of a First Nation, has made an extraordinary contribution to the Society, and is appointed for life by ordinary resolution.
- Associate: A corporation, association or other organization, whether incorporated or not.
Only general and honorary members can vote at our AGM; however, EVERY member’s input is important, valued and welcomed! Memberships cost $15 per year and run from January 1 to December 31. A membership purchased after October 1st will be considered payment for the upcoming year. If you would like to become a member of FNESS, please complete the membership application and mail it, along with the $15 membership fee to the address noted on the form.
Membership fees can be paid using PayPal. Click on the "Make a Donation or Payment" button above or on our home page to make a payment on-line. If paying using the PayPal method, please remember to email your membership form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download the FNESS Membership Application. Note: To electronically sign the document, you must open in Adobe Reader.