Fire Prevention Week 2020- Poster and Video Contest Reminder
Fire Prevention Week 2020 runs from October 4 to 10 and the theme is “Serve Up Fire Safety in the KitchenTM”. This year's campaign aims to educate people about the simple but important things they can do to keep themselves and those around them safe because, unfortunately, kitchen and cooking fires are still one of the leading causes of fires in BC. To help bring the importance of fire and burn prevention information into schools, FNESS is co-hosting a poster and video contest for students in kindergarten to grade 12, with the opportunity to win some fantastic prizes for themselves and their entire class!
Prizes for Students:
- Grand Prize Winners will receive an iPad for themselves and a Panago-sponsored pizza/lunch party for their class.
- Regional Prize Winners will receive a $50 Visa gift card and $75 towards a pizza/lunch party for their class.
- Honourable Mention Winners will receive a $35 Visa gift card for themselves.
- October 23 – Deadline for sending completed posters and video links to BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund
- Poster entries must be received at the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund, 3891 Main Street, Vancouver, BC, V5V 3P1 or emailed to FirePreventionWeek@burnfund.org no later than October 23, 2020
- Video entries must be posted on YouTube and link sent via email to email@example.com no later than October 23, 2020
- November 17 – Judging of entries.
Be sure to also check out NFPA’s Fire Prevention Week toolkit, where you will also find ideas on how to teach fire prevention while keeping COVID-19 healthy and safety precautions top of mind. All poster and video contest rules and information can be found at www.gov.bc.ca/FirePreventionWeek. I’ve attached the info sheet and poster entry form as well.
This contest is possible thanks to the partnership between the Office of the Fire Commissioner, the Fire Prevention Officers’ Association of BC, First Nations’ Emergency Services Society and BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund. We also couldn’t do it without support from our other sponsors: Fire Chiefs’ Association of BC, BC Fire Training Officers Association, Volunteer Firefighters Association of BC and FortisBC.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the FNESS Fire Services Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).